WASHINGTON, July 2, 2014 —
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel called Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon today to express his condolences to both the families of three Israeli teenagers who were kidnapped and killed in the West Bank and to the people of Israel, Pentagon Press Secretary Navy Rear Adm. John Kirby said.
“Secretary Hagel pledged his continued support for finding the perpetrators and urged all parties to refrain from steps that could be further destabilizing,” Kirby said in a statement summarizing the call. “Minister Yaalon thanked Secretary Hagel for his call and updated him on events unfolding in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza.”
The teenagers disappeared last month from a Jewish settlement in the West Bank, and their bodies were found yesterday.