United States Department of Defense United States Department of Defense

DoD News

Bookmark and Share

 News Article

Retirees, Annuitants Affected by Katrina Should Update Pay Info

American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Sept. 14, 2005 – Military retirees or annuitants who have relocated or changed their banking information after Hurricane Katrina must contact the Defense Finance and Accounting Service as soon as possible, DFAS officials said.

Officials recommended any of three ways to report the changes:

  • Call (800) 321-1080 Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Eastern time. Have current address, banking data and beneficiary information available when calling.
  • Use the myPay Web site, https://mypay.dfas.mil, to update mailing and banking information. Customers can change their financial institution and designate direct deposit as the method of delivery. To establish a myPay account, log on to myPay and select "New PIN." For answers to questions about myPay, call (800) 390-2348.
  • Fax your updated information to (800) 469-6559, making sure mailing and banking data are complete and that "Hurricane Katrina" is written at the top of the page. Include a contact phone number if possible.
(From a Defense Finance and Accounting Service news release.)
Contact Author

Related Sites:
Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Additional Links

Stay Connected