Gulf War Veterans Invited to Town Hall Meetings
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, Apr. 18, 1997 Bernard Rostker, DoD special assistant for Gulf War illnesses, will visit nine cities around the country to address veterans' health concerns.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion will sponsor the town hall meetings that begin in the Cleveland area April 20. The informal, open forums will be held 7-9:30 p.m. local time at each location.
"These meetings are an important part of our outreach to veterans," Rostker said. "It's always best to hear directly from our veterans, so the immediacy of the personal interaction will be invaluable."
Rostker said he'll try to arrange visits to other cities later this year.
Veterans unable to attend one of the meetings can contact Rostker via the interactive GulfLINK homepage on the World Wide Web (http://www.dtic.mil/gulflink/) or by mail at:
Office of the Special Assistant for Gulf War Illnesses
5113 Leesburg Pike, Suite 901
Falls Church, VA 22041.
Dates and locations of the scheduled meetings are :
- Cleveland area, April 20, VFW Post 1863, 7040 Pettibone Road, Chagrin Falls, Ohio;
- Atlanta area, April 23, American Legion Post 29, 921 Gresham Ave., N.E., Marietta, Ga.;
- Boston area, April 24, American Legion Post 440, 295 California St., Newton, Mass.;
- Kansas City, Mo., area, April 28, VFW Post 1000, 10002 E. Highway 24, Independence, Mo.;
- Dallas area, April 29, VFW Post 5076, 1906 E. Miller St., Garland, Texas;
- Colorado Springs, Colo., area, May 5, American Legion Post 38, 6685 Southmoor Drive, Fountain, Colo.;
- San Diego area, May 6, VFW Post 2082, Memorial Center, 2115 Park Blvd., San Diego;
- Seattle area, May 7, VFW Post 2995, 4330 148th Ave., N.E., Redmond, Wash.;
- Chicago area, May 8, American Legion Post 1941, 900 S. La Grange Road, La Grange, Ill.