United States Department of Defense United States Department of Defense

DoD News

Bookmark and Share

 News Article

Moving Families Can Transfer TRICARE Prime Enrollment

From a TRICARE Management Activity News Release

WASHINGTON, June 7, 2011 – Active duty military members and their families who are moving to a new location can now transfer their TRICARE Prime military health plan enrollment with a simple phone call.

The enrollment transfer includes a new primary care manager best suited to the location of the service member’s work, home and anticipated medical needs, officials said.

Moving service members should call their current regional health care contractor to transfer their family’s enrollment, and include a cell phone number and email address. The new regional contractor will contact them within five business days after the relocation date to finalize the TRICARE transfer.

Officials emphasized that active duty service members and their families will not have to worry about coverage during the transfer process, because they are continuously covered under TRICARE. Once settled, officials said, they can confirm coverage on the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.

Active-duty service members or family members who forget to notify their current regional contractor of their upcoming move still have the option to contact the new regional contractor to transfer enrollment over the phone, officials said.

Other options include transferring during military base in-processing, using the Beneficiary Web Enrollment site or downloading and completing an enrollment application, DD Form 2876, to mail. Service members and their families also can visit a local TRICARE Service Center.


Contact Author

Related Sites:
Transferring TRICARE Prime
Beneficiary Web Enrollment
Downloadable Enrollment Application


Article is closed to new comments.

The opinions expressed in the following comments do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Defense.

There are no comments.

Additional Links

Stay Connected