The Department of Defense announced today its recruiting and retention statistics for the active and reserve components for August 2010.
- Active Component.
- Recruiting. All four active services met or exceeded their accession goals for August 2010.
- Army -- 6,608 accessions with a goal of 6,524; 101 percent
- Navy -- 2,952 accessions with a goal of 2,952; 100 percent
- Marine Corps -- 4,309 accessions with a goal of 4,309; 100 percent
- Air Force -- 3,043 accessions with a goal of 3,043; 100 percent
- Retention. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force retention is near or above the fiscal year-to-date goals for the first 11 months of the fiscal year.
- Reserve Component.
- Recruiting. Four of the six Reserve components intentionally did not make 100 percent of their August recruiting goals to stay within end strength constraints.
- Army National Guard -- 4,367 accessions with a goal of 6,292; 69 percent
- Army Reserve -- 1,786 accessions with a goal of 1,792; 99 percent
- Navy Reserve -- 714 accessions with a goal of 714; 100 percent
- Marine Corps Reserve -- 309 accessions with a goal of 541; 57 percent
- Air National Guard -- 523 accessions with a goal of 576; 91 percent
- Air Force Reserve -- 824 accessions with a goal of 521; 158 percent
- Attrition. Losses in all Reserve components are within acceptable limits.
Detailed information on specific recruiting data can be obtained by contacting the individual military recruiting commands at 502-626-0164 for Army, 210-565-4678 for Air Force, 703-784-9454 for Marine Corps and 901-874-9049 for Navy. The Reserve components can be reached at the following numbers: National Guard Bureau 703-607-2586; Army Reserve 404-464-8490; Air Force Reserve 703-697-1761; Navy Reserve 757-322-5652; and Marine Corps Reserve 504-678-6535.