DOD Announces Recruiting and Retention Numbers for Fiscal 2013, Through March 2013
The Department of Defense announced today recruiting and retention statistics for the active and reserve components for fiscal 2013, through March.
Recruiting. All four active services met or exceeded their numerical accession goals for fiscal 2013, through March.
• Army -- 33,857 accessions, with a goal of 33,520; 101 percent
• Navy -- 17,350 accessions, with a goal of 17,350; 100 percent
• Marine Corps -- 13,010 accessions, with a goal of 12,978; 100 percent
• Air Force -- 13,989 accessions, with a goal of 13,989; 100 percent
Retention. The Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps exhibited strong retention numbers for the sixth month of fiscal 2013. The Navy exhibited strong retention numbers in the mid-career and career categories. However, the Navy’s achievement of 90 percent in the initial category is a result of reduced accessions from four to six years ago.
Recruiting. Five of the six reserve components met or exceeded their fiscal-year-to-date 2013 numerical accession goals. The Army Reserve finished January 1,501 accessions short of its goal.
• Army National Guard -- 26,100 accessions, with a goal of 25,005; 104 percent
• Army Reserve -- 12,976 accessions, with a goal of 14,477; 90 percent
• Navy Reserve -- 2,700 accessions, with a goal of 2,700; 100 percent
• Marine Corps Reserve -- 4,518 accessions, with a goal of 4,472; 101 percent
• Air National Guard -- 4,875 accessions, with a goal of 4,875; 100 percent
• Air Force Reserve -- 3,685 accessions, with a goal of 3,685; 100 percent
Attrition -- All Reserve Components have met their attrition goals. Current trends are expected to continue. (This indicator lags by one month due to data availability.)
Detailed information on specific recruiting data can be obtained by contacting the individual military recruiting commands at 502-626-0164 for Army, 210-565-4678 for Air Force, 703-784-9454 for Marine Corps, and 901-874-9048 for Navy. The reserve components can be reached at the following numbers: National Guard Bureau 703-607-2586; Army Reserve 910-570-8330; Air Force Reserve 703-697-1761; Navy Reserve 757-322-5652; and Marine Corps Reserve 504-678-6535.