The Department of Defense confirmed today that the following people were killed as a result of the attack on the Pentagon. This brings to 30 the number of victims positively identified:
- Ms. Sharon Carver, Department of the Army civilian, 38, Md.
- Lt. Col. Dennis M. Johnson, 48, Wis.
- Mr. David W. Laychak, Department of the Army civilian, 40, Manassas, Va.
- Maj. Ronald D. Milam, 33, Okla.
- Chief Warrant Officer Four William R. Ruth, 57, Md.
- Ms. Marjorie C. Salamone, Department of the Army civilian, 53, Springfield, Va.
- Lt. Cmdr. Robert Randolph Elseth, 37, Vestal, N.Y.
- Storekeeper Third Class Jamie Lynn Fallon, 23, Woodbridge, Va.
- Ms. Angela Houtz, 27, La Plata, Md.
- Electronics Technician Second Class Brian Anthony Moss, 34, Sperry, Okla.
- Lt. Darin Howard Pontell, 26, Columbia, Md.
Mr. Robert J. Hymel, Woodbridge, Va.
As a result of the attack, 125 people were killed or remain unaccounted for, not including the 64 passengers on the plane. To date, 115 remains have been recovered and transported to Dover Air Force Base, Del. for identification. Search and rescue operations continue.