Release No: 483-01
October 03, 2001
The Department of Defense confirmed today that the following people were killed as a result of the attack on the Pentagon. This brings to 99 the number of unaccounted victims positively identified, not including the individual who later succumbed to wounds suffered in the attack.
- Ms. Brenda C. Gibson, Department of the Army civilian, 59, Falls Church, Va.
- Ms. Carolyn B. Halmon, Department of the Army civilian, 49, Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Michael L. Selves, Department of the Army civilian, 54, Fairfax, Va.
- Ms. Cheryle D. Sincock, Department of the Army civilian, 53, Dale City, Va.
- Electronics Technician Third Class Daniel Martin Caballero, 21, Houston, Texas
- Information Systems Technician First Class Johnnie Doctor Jr., 32, Jacksonville, Fla.
As a result of the attack, 125 people were killed or remain unaccounted, not including the 64 passengers on the plane. To date, 118 remains have been recovered and transported to Dover Air Force Base, Del., for identification.