Employer Support to Guard and Reserve (ESGR) National Chair Allen E. Weh will appoint fifteen new committee chairs. The new ESGR chairs will be sworn in at a ceremony at 12:50 p.m. EST on Nov. 16 at the Renaissance Saint Louis Hotel in St. Louis, Mo., by Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs Thomas F. Hall.
- The new chairs include:
- Alaska: New York Air National Guard Chief Warrant Officer Michael J. Macklusky;
- Europe: Retired Air Force Brig. Gen. Walter G. Vartan;
- Iowa: Retired Navy Cmdr. Jack L. Felderman;
- Kentucky: Retired Army Reserve Col. Ronald P. Steensland;
- Nebraska: Retired Navy Reserve Cmdr. Arlo R. Bower;
- Nevada: Dr. Dixie Sue Allsbrook;
- New Hampshire: Retired Army Maj. Ernest F. Loomis;
- North Dakota: Retired Army National Guard Col. Vern F. Fetch;
- Ohio: Retired Navy Reserve Capt. Anthony J. Celebrezze;
- Oklahoma: Retired Army National Guard Brig. Gen. John W. Hubbard;
- Pennsylvania: Retired Army Col. George H. Duell;
- South Carolina: Retired Army National Guard Col. Joel T. Cassidy;
- Utah: Retired Army National Guard Brig. Gen. James G. Martin;
- Virginia: Retired Air Force Tech. Sgt. Francis Bell Jr.;
- Washington: Retired Marine Corps Reserve Col. Dr. Leonard E. Porter.
The fifteen join a team of 55 ESGR committee chairs nationwide, one in each state, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and serve as advisors to the National Chair. While in St. Louis, the appointees will participate in an intense orientation course on community management, National Guard and Reserve Affairs and ESGR community outreach programs.
Committee chairs are nominated by search committees prior to their selection by the National Chair. These committee leaders are supported by a network of some 4,500 volunteers nationally.
The National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve is a DoD chartered organization formed in 1972. ESGR's mission is to gain and maintain active support from all public and private employers for the men and women of the National Guard and Reserve as defined by demonstrated employer commitment to employee military service.
For more information contact Lt. Col. Michael Lovitt at (703) 696-1386 ext. 530 or Michael.Lovitt@osd.mil .