No. 140-P:05/02/96:The Nebraska National Guard will broadca
The Nebraska National Guard will broadcast news and B-roll footage of the 1996
National Guard Bureau Marathon Trials at 3:30 p.m. EDT on Sunday, May 5, on the
NEB SAT 2 satellite service. The NGB Marathon Trials, held each year in
Lincoln, attracts top Army and Air National Guard runners from around the
country. These runners will compete for the 35 spots on the National Marathon
The feed will last approximately 15 minutes and will consist of a slate with
slug and superimposed character information. It will include a three-minute
story with voice-over and the same story with natural sound only. The
remaining time will consist of B-roll footage.
To receive the video broadcast:
1. Swing antenna to Spacenet 3, located at 87 degrees West Longitude.
2. Tune the receiver for NEB SAT Network 2 at Channel 4 (3,780 @ [V]).
3. Set the video bandwidth for 17.5 @ or the lowest bandwidth the receiver will
support. Some experimentation may be necessary for best results.
4. Audio bandwidth is also a consideration. If the receiver has the capability
of switching from a wide to a narrow audio bandwidth, use this option to reduce
audio noise. The audio subcarrier frequency is 6.2 and 6.8 Mhz.
5. Move the antenna east and west until an acceptable picture is received
and/or the highest signal strength is achieved. Use similar procedures for
adjusting the polarity.
Satellite: SPACENET 3 @ 87 degrees W. Longitude
Transponder : 13 Upper (C-band) - Channel 4
Frequency: 3,780 Mhz (Vertical)
Audio: 6.2 @ and 6.8 Mhz
Trouble Number: 402/472-2413 or 402/472-6989
For more information contact Sgt. Rob Ford at 402/471-7169, or Roger Bartlett
(NET engineering staff) at 402/472-3611, ext. 341.