DoD Announces Recruiting and Retention Numbers for Fiscal 2013, Through July 2013
The Department of Defense announced today recruiting and retention statistics for the active and reserve components for fiscal 2013, through July.
Recruiting. All four active services met or exceeded their numerical accession goals for fiscal 2013, through July.
• Army – 56,437 accessions, with a goal of 55,760; 101 percent
• Navy – 32,692 accessions, with a goal of 32,692; 100 percent
• Marine Corps – 24,785 accessions, with a goal of 24,743; 100 percent
• Air Force – 21,969 accessions, with a goal of 21,969; 100 percent
Retention. The Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps exhibited strong retention numbers for the 10th month of fiscal 2013. The Navy exhibited strong retention numbers in the mid-career and career categories. However, the Navy’s achievement of 87 percent in the initial category is a result of reduced accessions from four to six years ago.
Recruiting. Five of the six reserve components met or exceeded their fiscal-year-to-date 2013 numerical accession goals. While the Army Reserve met its July goals, it remains 3,241 accessions short of its fiscal goal.
• Army National Guard – 41,539 accessions, with a goal of 41,236; 101 percent
• Army Reserve – 21,681 accessions, with a goal of 24,922; 87 percent
• Navy Reserve – 4,667 accessions, with a goal of 4,656; 100 percent
• Marine Corps Reserve – 8,050 accessions, with a goal of 7,950; 101 percent
• Air National Guard – 8,605 accessions, with a goal of 8,605; 100 percent
• Air Force Reserve – 6,307 accessions, with a goal of 5,201; 121 percent
Attrition – All reserve components have met their attrition goals. Current trends are expected to continue. (This indicator lags due to data availability.)
Detailed information on specific recruiting data can be obtained by contacting the individual military recruiting commands at 502-626-0164 for Army, 210-565-4678 for Air Force, 703-784-9454 for Marine Corps, and 901-874-9048 for Navy. The reserve components can be reached at the following numbers: National Guard Bureau 703-607-2586; Army Reserve 910-570-8330; Air Force Reserve 703-697-1761; Navy Reserve 757-322-5652; and Marine Corps Reserve 504-678-6535