Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen has announced the winners of the 1998 Commander-in-Chief's Award for Installation Excellence.
- Fort Carson, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, Jacksonville, N. C.
- Fleet Activities Yokosuka, Yokosuka, Japan
- Spangdahlem Air Base, Spangdahlem, Germany
- Defense Contract Management Command Long Island, Garden City, N. Y.
The Commander-in-Chief's Award for Installation Excellence recognizes the outstanding and innovative efforts of the people who operate and maintain U. S. military installations.
The five recipients of this highly competitive award were selected for their superior support of the Department of Defense mission.
Each winning installation succeeded in providing excellent working, housing, and recreational conditions.
Excellent installations enable better mission performance and enhance the quality of life for military men and women and their families.
Deputy Secretary of Defense John J. Hamre will host the 1998 Commander-in-Chief's Award ceremony Friday, May 1, 1998 at 2 p.m. (EDT) in the Pentagon Center Courtyard.
The ceremony is open for media coverage.