The Department of Defense honored 12 corporate partnerships with the prestigious Nunn-Perry Award during the 2006 Mentor-Protégé Conference held in Atlanta, Ga., March 6-9.
The award is named in honor of former Senator Sam Nunn of Georgia and former Secretary of Defense William Perry, whose sponsorship and commitment were instrumental in creating and implementing the DoD Mentor-Protégé program.
Frank Ramos, director of DoD’s Office of Small Business Programs, said, “The technologies and products benefiting today’s war fighter in the field are, in part, the result of bringing small businesses into the forefront. We recognize these Mentor-Protégé teams whose extraordinary efforts have exceeded their developmental plans and helped transform the DoD acquisition process.”
This year’s Nunn-Perry Award recipients are:
- AMEC Earth and Environmental Inc., Chantilly, Va., and Echota Technologies Corp., Maryville, Tenn.
- The Boeing Co., Integrated Defense Systems, St. Louis, Mo., and Kemco Manufacturing, St. Louis, Mo.
- The Boeing Co., Integrated Defense Systems, St. Louis, Mo., and Precision Machine & Manufacturing, Grove, Okla.
- Earth Tech Inc., Richmond, Va., and ETI Professionals Inc., Lakewood, Colo.
- Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems & Sensors–Undersea Systems, Manassas, Va., and M & M Technical Services Inc., Woodbridge, Va.
- Northrop Grumman Space Technology, Redondo Beach, Calif., and KW Microwave Corp., Carlsbad, Calif..
- Raytheon Aircraft Co., Wichita, Kan., and Product Manufacturing Co., Wichita, Kan.
- Science Applications International Corp., Oak Ridge, Tenn., and Arrowhead Contracting Inc., Overland Park, Kan.
- Science Applications International Corp., Oak Ridge, Tenn., and Ellis Environmental Group, L.C., Newberry, Fla.
- Shaw Environmental Inc., Concord, Calif., and Engineering/Remediation Resources Group, Inc., Concord, Calif.
- Tetra Tech EC Inc., San Diego, Calif., and T N & Associates, Inc., Milwaukee, Wis.
- General Dynamics C4 Systems, Taunton, Mass., and CDP Fastener Group Inc., Brockton, Mass.
Winners were selected from more than 30 partnership agreement nominations. A complete list of this year’s winners and past winners is available at www.dodsbconference.com.
The DoD Mentor-Protégé program is the leading mentor-protégé model for similar programs in other government agencies. More information on the program is available online at www.acq.osd.mil/sadbu/mentor_protege.com, by emailing email@example.com or by calling (800) 540-8857.