American Forces Information Service Security and Privacy Notice
1. The American Forces Information Service, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense-Public Affairs, provides this site as a public service.
2. Information presented here is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us.
To track how many times each of the military banners appears on the bottom of some of our pages. These statistics help us determine what information is of most interest to users. This cookie stays on your computer for several years.
To save you time in filling out forms. For example, when downloading high-resolution images, you only have to answer the questions about your type of organization and intended use once for each visit to the site. When you close your browser, the cookie is deleted from your computer.