Today in the Department of Defense - Wednesday, May 24, 2000
The Secretary of Defense is in Washington today. Secretary Cohen will give a speech today on the effect of globalization on national security at the World Economic Forum Meeting 2000. See the press advisory for details.
The Deputy Secretary of Defense is in Washington today. There are no public or media events on his schedule.
Army Gen. Henry H. Shelton, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will deliver the graduation address to the United States Naval Academy today. See the press advisory for details.
The Department's Legislative Affairs Office maintains a separate Congressional Schedule of Events.
What's New in DefenseLINK
- News Release Contracts for May 23, 2000 (posted at 5 p.m.)
- News Release General Officer Announcement - Marty
- News Release Gregory R. Dahlberg sworn in as Under Secretary of the Army
- Press Advisory CJCS Commencement Speech at U.S. Naval Academy
- Press Advisory Secretary Cohen will speak on the effect of globalization on national security
We welcome your additions, corrections, feedback and questions.
News media representatives may reach our press desk by calling +1 (703) 697-5131.
All others are invited to contact our public inquiries section by phone or U.S. mail or through the web. See our comment page for details.
A public affairs duty officer is available 24 hours a day through +1 (703) 697-5131. In case of a family emergency, please call your local American Red Cross.