Today in the Department of Defense - Friday, May 26, 2000
The Secretary of Defense travels today to New York and New Jersey. Secretary Cohen will be speaking at the first anniversary of the Alice and Henry Dormann Library in New York. See the press advisory for more details. Secretary Cohen will also be visiting Picatinny Arsenal, N.J. for a tour and to view demonstrations. See the press advisory for more details.
On Sunday May 28, 2000, Secretary Cohen will deliver remarks at the opening ceremony for the 84th Indianapolis 500 race. See press advisory for more details.
The Deputy Secretary of Defense is in Washington today. There are no public or media events on his schedule.
The Department's Legislative Affairs Office maintains a separate Congressional Schedule of Events.
What's New in DefenseLINK
- News Release Contracts for May 25, 2000 (posted at 5 p.m.)
- News Release Flag Officer Announcements
- News Release Under Secretary of Defense Sworn In
- News Release Presence of Chemical Weapons at Tallil Air Base During Gulf War Deemed Unlikely
- News Release Revised Case Narrative Finds No Chemical Warfare Agent Exposure
- News Release General Officer Announcement - Maj. Gen. Dan K. McNeill
- News Release Memorial Day "National Moment of Remembrance"
- News Release Flag Officer Announcement - Mariano
- Press Advisory SecDef will deliver remarks at the 84th Indianapolis 500 Race
- Press Advisory SecDef will deliver remarks at the Dedication of Alice and Henry Dormann Library
- Press Advisory SecDef will be visiting Picatinny Arsenal, N.J., on Friday, May 26, 2000
We welcome your additions, corrections, feedback and questions.
News media representatives may reach our press desk by calling +1 (703) 697-5131.
All others are invited to contact our public inquiries section by phone or U.S. mail or through the web. See our comment page for details.
A public affairs duty officer is available 24 hours a day through +1 (703) 697-5131. In case of a family emergency, please call your local American Red Cross.