An official website of the United States Government 
Here's how you know

Official websites use .gov

.gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock ( lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Veteran Community Support and Information

Veteran and Next of Kin Requests for Replacement Medals

Published: 08/25/21 | Updated: 08/25/21

The process for requesting replacement military medals varies depending on the service branch and when the veteran served. The National Personnel Records Center's website provides helpful information on submitting requests for the replacement of lost military service medals, decorations, and awards.