An official website of the United States Government 
Here's how you know

Official websites use .gov

.gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock ( lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Help Center Listing

You have questions, we have answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our FAQ section below, use our online submission form.

Tag: DD-214
Remove filter

The U.S. Armed Forces maintain an Official Military Personnel File, or OMPF, for every veteran and service member. If you are a veteran or a member of the Army, Navy, Marines, or Air Force and are serving as active duty, reserve, or guard, or if you are retired, you can use the Defense Personnel Records Information Retrieval System page on the milConnect website to request and receive scanned copies of documents in your OMPF.

In some cases, OMPF records are not yet scanned into the DPRIS system on milConnect. To determine whether your documents are available online, what to do if they are not, and for many more details about your OMPF documents, visit the DPRIS section of the milConnect frequently asked questions page.

For OMPF records not available in milConnect, military veteran health records, or for records requests from a veteran's next of kin or a member of the public, please visit the National Archives - National Personnel Record Center, Military Personnel Records for assistance:


View More