An official website of the United States Government 
Here's how you know

Official websites use .gov

.gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock ( lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Help Center Listing

You have questions, we have answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our FAQ section below, use our online submission form.

Tag: personnel records
Remove filter

The National Personnel Records Center's Federal Records Center Program maintains the Official Personnel Folders of former Federal civilian employees whose employment ended after 1951. Former Federal civilian employees (the person of record), authorized third-party requesters and others can access these OPFs. Former Federal civilian employees may request access to their OPF, after 120 days from separation date, either in person or electronically.

View More

The Department of Defense does not verify employment for active-duty military members or for civilian employees by telephone. If you represent an organization that is seeking employment verification of a military member or if DOD civilian employee is applying to your organization for a service or job, please use the contact phone numbers on the person's application or resume to reach the DOD office or military organization at which they work or have worked.

Employment verification at the DOD level is managed through websites or through the military services.

For Current DOD Civilian Employees:
The Defense Civilian Employment Verification is an online self-service tool allowing current DOD employees to send employment and/ or salary information to an external organization (business, bank, credit union) or person directly from the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System in a password-protected document via email.

For DOD Civilian Retirees and Military Retirees:
Your Retiree Account Statement contains information on your pay and deductions that many potential creditors require, and your latest RAS is always available on myPay. You may also request a hard copy RAS be mailed to you by calling the Retired and Annuitant Pay Customer Care Center at 1-800-321-1080. Learn more at and

For Currently Serving Military Members:
There are times when you may need to verify your status as a military member. Whether you are renting an apartment, purchasing a car or other reason, your Leave and Earning Statement (available via myPay) provides details on your pay grade, pay and entitlements, and deductions. There may be times when the business you are dealing with desires more than your LES or ID card as proof of your current military status. In these cases, we recommend you contact your personnel or finance office for assistance.

For Military Service Verification Under the Civil Relief Act:
SCRA is a program that provides certain protections in lending for service members who are called to Active Duty. Lenders seeking to verify active-duty status for military members, as authorized under the SCRA may do so using the Defense Manpower Data Center SCRA website.

View More