Military/Civilian Records, DEERS, and DOD ID Cards

DOD ID Card Issuance and Replacement

Published: 08/23/21 | Updated: 09/23/21

The Department of Defense issues a common access card, or CAC, ''smart'' ID card to active-duty military personnel, Selected Reserve, DOD civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel. A uniformed service ID card, or USID, is issued to military family members and military retirees to access service benefits and privileges. Military personnel, retirees, and their family members should notify their security office IMMEDIATELY if an ID card is lost, stolen, or misplaced.

Information about obtaining and managing your CAC or USIC card is found on the DOD common access card website.

Additional information and assistance is available at these DOD websites: