Military Community Support

Overseas Birth Certificate for Military Dependents

Published: 08/23/21 | Updated: 08/23/21

A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met. In such a case, the Department of State will issue a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, also called a Form FS-240, in the child's name. 

Please visit the Department of State's website for more information, including how the CRBA may be replaced or amended if necessary.