The Pentagon Force Protection Agency will fly your American flag over the Pentagon in honor of a special occasion or person.
Guidelines for Requesting an American Flag Flown Over the Pentagon
- The requestor must provide the flag.
- All requests must be submitted 5 - 15 business days prior to the event.
- Each returned flag will be accompanied by a certificate verifying the date upon which the flag was flown and the name of the person for whom the flag was flown.
- Due to limited space, flags cannot be held for more than 30 days from the date of receipt.
If you have Pentagon access:
Room 5B890 on the 5th floor between corridors 8 and 9 Mondays - Fridays (excluding Federal holidays) 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., 703-692-7842
Written requests can be submitted to:
Pentagon Force Protection Agency
9000 Defense Pentagon, Room 5B890
Washington, DC 20301-9000
If you do not have Pentagon access:
If you do not have Pentagon access and are mailing the flag, please add an additional week to the standard 5 - 15 business days prior to the event.
The requestor must provide the return postage from the post office or another requestor prepaid shipping method (i.e. FedEx or UPS Air Bill with an account number or postage stamps) in order for the flag and certificate to be returned. PFPA cannot accept cash, money orders, or checks for the return postage and is not responsible for providing return postage or packaging.
The requestor will be notified immediately to arrange for shipping if return postage or another paid shipping method is not received with the flag.
- A typed or printed letter of request must accompany the flag and contain the following information:
- The name of the flag recipient.
- The occasion in which the flag will be flown for.
- The specific date the flag is requested to be flown on. If no date is specified, the flag will be flown 15 business days after receipt of the flag.
- The point of contact’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.
For more information, visit the Pentagon Force Protection Agency website.