On Thursday, the department released the Force Health Protection Guidance – Supplement 11, which provides guidance on the Department of Defense surveillance strategy for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic response, including health surveillance activities, screening, asymptomatic testing, and sentinel surveillance testing. The DOD surveillance and screening strategy is designed to break the chain of disease transmission to reduce risk to the force and to DOD missions.
The guidance details information on the following:
- Health Surveillance Activities
- Screening, Restriction of Movement, and Asymptomatic Testing for Operational Risk Reduction
- COVID-19 Sentinel Surveillance
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing and Testing
- Guidance for Specific DOD Populations
The guidance can be found here.