Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Kaleth O. Wright represents the highest enlisted level of leadership, and as such, provides direction for the enlisted force and represents their interests, as appropriate, to the American public, and to those in all levels of government. He serves as the personal adviser to the Chief of Staff and the Secretary of the Air Force on all issues regarding the welfare, readiness, morale, and proper utilization and progress of the enlisted force. Chief Wright is the 18th chief master sergeant appointed to the highest noncommissioned officer position.
Chief Wright enlisted in the Air Force in March of 1989 and his background includes various duties in the dental career field. He served as a Professional Military Education instructor and has held various senior enlisted positions while serving at squadron, group, wing, Task-Force and Numbered Air Force levels. He has deployed in support of Operations Desert Shield/Storm and Enduring Freedom and completed overseas tours in South Korea, Japan, Germany and Alaska.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and U.S. Air Forces Africa, with headquarters at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
1993 Airman Leadership School, Pope Air Force Base, N.C.
2000 Associates in Applied Science degree in dental assisting, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kadena AB, Japan
2002 Bachelor of Science degree in business management, University of Maryland
2003 Associates in Applied Science degree in instructor of technology/military science, CCAF
2005 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2007 Air Force Medical Service Intermediate Executive Skills Course
2009 Masters in Business Administration, University of Phoenix
2010 Master Certificate in Project Management, Villanova University
2010 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Professional Managers Certification, CCAF
2012 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint PME Course, National Defense University
2013 Project Management Professional Certification, Project Management Institute
2013 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
2014 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University
2014 AFSO21 Executive Leaders Course, University of Tennessee
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
2015 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2016 Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership, Cornell University
1. September 1989 – June 1994, Dental Assistant Specialist, 23rd Medical Group, Pope AFB, N.C.
2. July 1994 – July 1995, Dental Assistant Journeyman, 51st Dental Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
3. August 1995 – August 2001, NCO In Charge, Preventive Dentistry/Records and Reception/Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery/Dental Readiness, 18th Dental Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
4. August 2001 – August 2004, Flight Chief, Training/Evaluation, Kisling NCOA, Kapaun AS, Germany
5. September 2004 – February 2007, Flight Chief, Dental Flight, 43rd ADOS, Pope AFB, N.C.
6. February 2007 – February 2009, Superintendent, 51st Dental Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
7. February 2009- July 2010, Superintendent, 3rd Dental Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
8. July 2010 – May 2011, Superintendent, 18th Dental Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
9. May 2011 – May 2012, Superintendent, 18th Mission Support Group, Kadena AB, Japan
10. May 2012 – February 2014, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 22nd Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, Kan.
11. February 2014 – December 2014, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 9th Air and Space Expeditionary Task Force-Afghanistan, Kabul, Afghanistan
12. January 2015 – June 2016, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 3rd Air Force and 17th Expeditionary Air Force, Ramstein AB, Germany
13. June 2016 – January 2017, Command Chief Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and U.S. Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
14. February 2017 – present, Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Recognition Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
1997 18th Dental Squadron NCO of the Year
1998 18th Dental Squadron NCO of the Year
2000 18th Dental Squadron NCO of the Year
2000 PACAF Outstanding Dental NCO of the Year
2000 USAF Outstanding Dental NCO of the Year
2000 John L. Levitow and Academic Achievement Awards, Kadena NCOA
2005 43rd AW and Pope AFB SNCO of the Year
2005 AMC Outstanding Dental SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force February 2017
(Current as of February 2017)