DOD Opportunities

How can I verify employment for civilian employees and military members?

Published: 03/04/19 | Updated: 03/20/19

The Department of Defense does not verify employment for active-duty military members or for civilian employees by telephone. If you are seeking verification of military service or employment with DOD by phone, please use the contact phone numbers on the person's resume or application to reach the DOD office or military organization at which they work or have worked. Verification at the DOD level is managed through websites or through the military services.

To verify the employment status of current DOD employees:

To verify the employment status of former DOD employees:

To verify active-duty status for military members, as authorized under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), please visit the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) website for further information:

To use either of these services, you will need the individual's Social Security number, as well as some other basic personal data, such as legal name and date of birth.