How can I obtain a copy of my DD-214 or other military and medical records?

Published: 03/06/19 | Updated: 04/21/21

When an individual is separated from military service, his/her Field Personnel File, which contains all military and health records, is forwarded for storage to the National Personnel Records Center. The records center is under the jurisdiction of the National Archives and Records Administration, which preserves and protects the files because they are permanently valuable records that document the essential evidence of military service for veterans.

For DD-214 (DD214) and other military records:

For medical records for military retirees and/or military dependents: