How can I make a correction to my military service records, or request an upgrade to my discharge?

Published: 03/06/19 | Updated: 10/30/20

In order to get your military service records corrected, or your discharge upgraded, you must contact your respective service Board for Correction of Military Records or fill out and mail a DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Record Under the Provisions of Title 10, U.S. Code, Section 1552. You may download the form at:

Contact information for each board is listed below and on the back of DD Form 149:

U.S. Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA)
251 18th Street South, Ste. 385
Arlington, VA 22202-3531

U.S. Navy & U.S. Marine Corps Board for Correction of Naval Records
701 S. Courthouse Road, Building 12, Suite 1001
Arlington, VA 22204-2490
Phone: (703) 604-6884/(703) 604-6885

U.S. Air Force Board for Correction of Air Force Records
SAF/MRBR 550-C Street West, Suite #40
Randolph AFB, TX 78150-4742

U.S. Coast Guard Department of Homeland Security
Office of the General Counsel Board for Correction of Military Records
245 Murray Lane, Stop 0485
Washington, DC 20528-0485
Phone: (202) 477-4099