How can I obtain a birth certificate for myself or my child if we were born overseas on a military installation?

Published: 03/06/19 | Updated: 02/10/20

A child born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or parents may acquire U.S. citizenship at birth if certain statutory requirements are met.  In such a case, the Department of State will issue a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), also called a Form FS-240, in the child's name. 

Please visit the Department of State's website for more information, including how the CRBA may be replaced of amended if necessary: